Target Audience: MPS Employees in any Procurement role
Estimated Time to Complete: 45 minutes
Welcome to the Procurement Overview Course!
Thank you for your participation in this course. This course is intended for MPS employees in any procurement role to learn how to purchase goods and services in WeBuy/SRM. This is the first of two required trainings that will lead to WeBuy access. In addition to this course, shoppers will complete the Shopper training and approvers will complete the Approver training.
This video introduces you to online catalogs, improvements to the sourcing process and explains how you can get the support you need for WeBuy.
For more information about the course, click on the section titles below:
+ Course Details
There are three sections in the training. At the end of the training, you will need to complete the Procurement Overview Knowledge Check.
+ Learning Objectives
- Understand WeBuy vision
- Understand new procedural changes in procurement
- Know what your duties will be in the WeBuy system
- MPS Policy 3300 (Purchasing)
- MN Revisor 471.345 (Minnesota State Statute)
- 2 CFR 200 (Federal Regulations)
- Procurement Page on the Staff Intranet
+ Contact Information
- For questions related to WeBuy, contact Procurement at (612) 668-5400.
- For technical issues, please submit an eTicket (choose “Finance” category and select “SRM”) or call the MPS IT HelpDesk at (612) 668-0088.
Having trouble viewing the training?
On a Mac?
View the Browser Settings (Mac) video below:
Written instructions: Mac User Guide
On a PC?
View the Browser Settings (PC) video below:
Written instructions: PC User Guide
If you continue to experience technical issues, please submit an eTicket or call the MPS IT HelpDesk at (612) 668-0088.