The primary goal of the Metronet Information Literacy Initiative (MILI) is to advance the teaching of information literacy skills in the classroom. Metronet created a teacher/librarian course that focuses on the research process and incorporating the Three Rs – Research, Reliable Resources and Responsible use – into the classroom instruction. Chromebooks, Google suite, web 2.0 tools, extensions, apps and more will be used to enhance student learning and teaching practice.
- Supplement existing knowledge and practices with fresh new tools, supported by information literacy concepts.
- Gain a strong foundation of ideas for the research process and be familiar with the Three Rs (research, reliable resources and responsible use).
- Finish with best practices for incorporating these concepts into classroom instruction.
All k-12 teachers and librarians
Class Dates, Times and Locations
* Attendance at all sessions, completion of course assignments and final presentation are required.
- Monday, September 10th, 2018 – 4:30 - 6:30 PM @ Davis, N1-051
- FULL DAY SATURDAY session - September 15th, 2018 - 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM @ Davis, N1-051
- Monday, October 8th, 2018 – 4:30 - 6:30 PM @ Davis, N1-051
- Monday, November 5th, 2018 – 4:30 - 6:30 PM @ Davis, N1-051
- Monday, December 10th, 2018 – 4:30 - 6:30 PM @ Davis, N1-051
- Monday, January 14th, 2019 – 4:30 - 6:30 PM @ Davis, N1-051
- Monday, February 11th, 2019 – 4:30 - 6:30 PM @ Davis, N1-051
- Monday, March 11th, 2019 – 4:30 - 6:30 PM @ Davis, N1-051
- Monday, April 15th, 2019 – 4:30 - 6:30 PM @ Davis, N1-051
- Monday, May 13th, 2019 – 4:30 - 6:30 PM @ Davis, N1-051
Register for the training on eCompass. Search course #92423 and section #112440.
- Olivia Moris, MILI Program Manager, Metronet
- Ann Walker Smalley, Director, Metronet
- Kristi Main, Media Specialist, South High
- Jill Laven Spencer, Media Specialist, Edison High
- Ashley Krohn, District Program Facilitator, Media