The University of Minnesota Institute for Global Studies (IGS) Global Ed Curriculum Writing Fellows is a cohort of PK-12 teachers from throughout Minneapolis Public Schools who want to re-envision their curriculum to make it more culturally relevant through the inclusion of events, people, and places throughout the world, especially those parts of the world that have historically been left out of our curriculum and are connected to the people of Minnesota.
The cohort is open to ALL interested PK-12 teachers but is especially relevant to those who are teaching courses with explicit global connections and those who want to incorporate more writing and project-based work in their curriculum and committed to attending all 8 sessions.
- Build relationships with community experts and teachers across Minneapolis.
- Analyze global events and ways they can be incorporated into curriculum plans.
- Identify missing narratives in existing curriculum and design curriculum to address these gaps.
- Collaborate and give constructive feedback on curriculum plans.
- PK-12 teachers interested in incorporating global topics into their curriculum and committed to attending all 8 sessions.
Class Dates and Times
- October 4
- November 1
- December 6
- January 10
- February 7
- March 7
- April 11
- May 2
Davis Center - N1-051
Register for the training on eCompass. Search course #92813 and section #113389.