The learning in this PD will be focused on building the capacity of elementary and secondary teachers to help students fully master the sequence of numeracy. We will learn about and practice strategies to use mathematical discourse through number talks and/or problem strings during warm-ups. This learning will be supported throughout the year during two half-day sessions in November and April, as well using video reflection during team meetings.
First part of three part series (August/November/March).
Participating teachers should submit this Google form to identify which book they want to receive or the main grade level they support.
Please see "Resources" tab for direct links
Session will prepare and support teachers in their cultural responsiveness by activating the planning, implementation, and evaluation of numeracy strategies designed to engage all learners.
- Discuss and practice numeracy strategies that can be incorporated into daily instruction.
- Identify ways to gather data around student understanding of numeracy that can be incorporated into MTSS meetings.
- Connect learning to the values of equity, SEL and conceptual understanding of mathematics.
- K-5 teachers
- 6-12 Math teachers
- EL and Special Ed teachers who support math
- instructional specialists
- math specialists/interventionists
- administration who support math
- district Special Ed
- EL specialists
Davis Center - Assembly Room
Register for the training on eCompass. Search course #92525 and section #113450.
Marium Touré, Christopher Wernimont