This full day orientation session will prepare the foundation of success for each employee in their role by providing a basic understanding of the mission, vision, values, and goals of the district and the connection to their work. New employees will also connect with teams and resources aligned to support employees throughout their time with Minneapolis Public Schools. A collaborative effort from several district departments and stakeholders will bring a first-class experience to our new hires.
This day long session will include classroom-style orientation from 8:00 to 2:00 (with a break for lunch) followed by a two-hour computer lab from 2:00 to 4:00.
At the end of this course, new employees will:
- know the mission, vision, and values of MPS
- know the Acceleration 2020 Goals for MPS
- have a fundamental understanding of the different departments within MPS and how they all work together to support and goals laid out by MPS leadership.
- Know the MPS mission, vision, values, and strategic Plan Acceleration 2020.
- Feel confident as a new employee about staff responsibilities, district policies, and customer service.
- Review and be able to use technology to log in, use IT helpdesk, record hours, and learn about Professional Development Opportunities.
Any new employee of MPS
Davis Center - S1-435
Register for the training on eCompass. Search course #92783 and section #113173.