Read 180 is a comprehensive system of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development proven to raise reading achievement for struggling readers in grades 4-12+. Designed for any student reading two or more years below grade-level, READ 180 leverages adaptive technology to individualize instruction for students and provide powerful data for differentiation to teachers.
System 44 is a breakthrough foundational reading and phonics intervention program designed for our most challenged, struggling readers in grades 3-12+. Intentionally metacognitive, System 44 includes state-of-the-art adaptive reading technology that delivers direct, explicit, research-based foundational reading and phonics instruction, as well as engaging print materials for student to practice in reading, writing, and spelling.
Please enter through Door 6.
Please bring a laptop.
- Understand the research base and Instructional Model
- Explore the Instructional Model from a teacher and student perspective
- Identify materials to teach, manage, and assess each part of the Model
- Understand the pacing for a Workshop and how to differentiate instruction
- Learn how to select students, group for instruction, and organize the classroom
- Work with the First Three Weeks resource to jump-start implementation successfully
- Use teacher Dashboards to prepare lessons, monitor progress, and plan differentiated lessons
- Review and practice key instructional routines
- Be able to set up classrooms for appropriate rotational groupings from whole group, small group, independent reading and computer work.
- Be able to use the Read 180 and System 44 guides to teach leassons and appropriately extned or differentiate lessons based on student progress.
- Be able to progress monitor students and use that information to inform their instruction.
- Be able to model independent reading time to students.
- Be able to monitor student usage and engagement with computer activities.
Teachers teaching SYSTEM 44 (or Mixed Model) who were trained earlier this year
North Star - Lower Level Conference Area
Register for the training on eCompass. Search course #90355 and section #113365.
Hibaq Mohamed, Therese Murphy, Marla Zappa