Read 180 is a comprehensive system of curriculum, instruction, assessment, and professional development proven to raise reading achievement for struggling readers in grades 4-12+. Designed for any student reading two or more years below grade-level, READ 180 leverages adaptive technology to individualize instruction for students and provide powerful data for differentiation to teachers.
System 44 is a breakthrough foundational reading and phonics intervention program designed for our most challenged, struggling readers in grades 3-12+. Intentionally metacognitive, System 44 includes state-of-the-art adaptive reading technology that delivers direct, explicit, research-based foundational reading and phonics instruction, as well as engaging print materials for student to practice in reading, writing, and spelling.
Please enter building through Door 14, which is by the upper playground.
Please bring a laptop.
- Understand the research base and Instructional Model
- Explore the Instructional Model from a teacher and student perspective
- Identify materials to teach, manage, and assess each part of the Model
- Understand the pacing for a Workshop and how to differentiate instruction
- Learn how to select students, group for instruction, and organize the classroom
- Work with the First Three Weeks resource to jump-start implementation successfully
- Use teacher Dashboards to prepare lessons, monitor progress, and plan differentiated lessons
- Review and practice key instructional routines
- Be able to set up classrooms for appropriate rotational groupings from whole group, small group, independent reading and computer work.
- Be able to use the Read 180 and System 44 guides to teach leassons and appropriately extned or differentiate lessons based on student progress.
- Be able to progress monitor students and use that information to inform their instruction.
- Be able to model independent reading time to students.
- Be able to monitor student usage and engagement with computer activities.
Teachers teaching SYSTEM 44 (or Mixed Model) this year who have not been trained yet.
North - A-209 Upper Conference Room
Register for the training on eCompass. Search course #90355 and section #113356.
Hibaq Mohamed, Therese Murphy, Marla Zappa