Are your students ready to produce more in the Target Language? Not sure how to make your speaking tasks meaningful and authentic? This new ProPay 1-2-3 course delves into what is authentic communication and creating tasks that lead to higher levels of compressible output. This is a new ProPay 1-2-3 and expands upon our original ProPay 1-2-3- course entitled Effective World Language Instruction: Teaching with Comprehensible Input. Participants in this cohort will advance their skills in comprehensible input-based instruction while learning about and creating communicative tasks that lead to enhanced oral proficiency skills for students.
- Gain a renewed perspective of communicative teaching through a lens of what VanPatten calls contemporary language instruction.
- Incorporate tasks defined by VanPatten into lessons and units which will lead to increased communication in the target language by students.
World Languages, ESL, bilingual, immersion teachers
Class Dates, Times and Locations
- Saturday, September 29th, 2018 - 8:30-3:00 PM @ TBD
- Saturday, November 10th, 2018 - 8:30-3:00 PM @ TBD
- Saturday, February 2nd, 2019 - 8:30-3:00 PM @ TBD
- Saturday, March 2nd, 2019 - 8:30-3:00 PM @ TBD
Register for the training on eCompass. Search course #92423 and section #112430.
- Ayumi Stockman, World Languages Content Specialist
- Nancy Ledesma, World Languages Teacher Coach