Want to empower and motivate your students to become expert learners? This course is grounded in the philosophy of inclusion for all students and utilizes the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework. The course will encourage critical conversations, problem-solving, and hands-on exploration, and educators will will consider student empowerment through a UDL lens. The course has six sessions that provide concrete examples of ways to leverage UDL in teaching strategies, lesson planning, assessment and technology integration to engage students of all abilities.
Participants will be able to:
- Implement Inclusive Practices using Universal Design for Learning (UDL) as a strategy.
- Establish inclusive classroom practices and environments to serve a diverse group of students.
- Design and implement an action research project on inclusive practices and UDL.
General, Special Educators
Class Dates, Times and Locations
- Monday, August 20th, 2018 - 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM @ Davis, N1-052
- Wednesday, September 12th, 2018 - 4:00 - 8:00 PM @ Davis, N1-052
- Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 – 4:00 - 8:00 PM @ Davis, N1-052
- Wednesday, November 14th, 2018 – 4:00 - 8:00 PM @ Davis, N1-052
- OPTIONAL - December 3rd – 7th, 2018 – Inclusive Schools Week Optional Activities
- Wednesday, January 9th, 2019 – 4:00 - 8:00 PM @ Davis – N1-052
- Wednesday, February 13th, 2019 – 4:00 - 8:00 PM @ Davis – N1-052
Register for the training on eCompass. Search course #92423 and section #112431.
- Janet Peters, M.ED Learning Technologies, CAST Faculty / MDE UDL Mentor
- Lindsay Tsakistos, Special Education Teacher (Physical/Health Disabilities)